Expert Interview: Stephen Nairne | Lundin Foundation | Bringing Power to the World

This is B-TV. The Lundin Foundation has developed an investment strategy guided by a long-held belief of its founders. They’ve written that poverty reduction is not possible without sustainable economic growth, Stephen Nairne, the Foundation’s managing director elaborates. The founding principle really is the Lundin’s were an entrepreneurial family. I think they had had disappointing […]

Pushing Human Limits in Nature

(saw buzzing) (mysterious music) – [Climber] Yeah, go for it. – Whoo! – [Narrator] Mankind and the elements. For some, it’s an uncomfortable bond. – [Woman] Good job. – [Narrator] For others, when weather strikes, inspiration begins. – There are so many people in life, they forget to dream because they’re afraid to fail. – […]

How do lions generate such a powerful roar? 🦁 | Big Animal Surgery – BBC

To discover how lions produce their roar, our team travelled to Gondwana Game Reserve near Cape Town. Amongst the many wild animals found here are several lions. And when they roar… ROARS ..they can be heard as far as eight kilometres away. Biologist Professor Craig Packer is about to conduct an experiment that will help […]

How to bring affordable, sustainable electricity to Africa | Rose M. Mutiso

So right now, nearly one billion people globally don’t have access to electricity in their homes. And in sub-Saharan Africa, more than half of the population remain in the dark. So you probably all know this image from NASA. There’s a name for this darkness. It’s called “energy poverty,” and it has massive implications for […]

CEO Christian Kullmann explains Evonik’s role in MEA | Evonik

Hello, I’m Christian Kullmann, CEO of Evonik Industries. Evonik has a long history in the Middle East and Africa region. Our operations in the Middle East and Africa date back to the late 60s when we opened our first office in Egypt, and we are committed to supporting the growth of the region. Much of […]

Nigeria Schoolgirl pee power energy generator – uses just pee to generate electricity

http://www.overunity.com/13101/urine-powered-generator-from-africa/ This is a new system designed by 4 schoolgirls from Nigeria, Africa with the help of their teacher to get an electrical generator system running on just ONLY Urine ! They used electrolysis to split Urine ( pee ) into hydrogen and clear it up via a liquid borax solution and then run a […]

Solar energy for smart rural village development in Ethiopia (Meron Lakew Tefera)

In Ethiopia only 14% the total population has continuous access to electricity due to poor grid coverage and the wide dispersal of villages. The population living in these towns makes up only 15% the total. The remaining 85% live in scattered rural villages and have very remote chance to get electricity through the national grid. […]

VICE News Daily: Drama in Okinawa Over Relocation of U.S. Base

it’s Tuesday March 24th and here’s some of the news beyond the headlines archaeologists may have discovered the ruins of a Nazi hide out in the middle of a jungle and northern Argentina researchers from the University of Buenos Aires have begun an extensive investigation into a site near the border with Paraguay they found […]

Light of Hope in Cambodia -100 Thousand Solar Lantern Project [Panasonic]

Cambodia experienced years of war and internal conflict. During the Pol Pot era, education was banned. People were deprived of their right to learn, and those who survived could not even read or write. That is why many are having difficulties finding and keeping work. They cannot escape from poverty and create a new life […]